FBOs Response - Page 4
- Resources are very scarce. ZIADA is missing the basic facilities to manage its functions. It is still under ZAC. It has no office. It depends on supports from development partners.
- Sensitive issues like condom, people hesitation to go for testing to know their status due to stigma, face to face discussion with hey population specifically Men Sex with Men and their clients. Female sex workers and their clients, recommendations of using new syringes or needles for IDUs these need excessive strategies and approaches.
- A part from ZIADA, still many FBOs capacity in terms of resources, facilities and knowledge is very limited. They lack manpower and administration facilities.
- From the nature and the real situation of the set up of the issues. Pemba quits often and on may occasion would miss important involvement, participation and contribution. It is taken for granted that FBOs main offices are in Zanzibar and that Pemba are represented.
5. LESSON LEARNT
- Inter-faith approach for Zanzibar is really good. It is working. People have built a trust and tolerance.
- Religious programs on HIV and AIDS are less costly. They are also cost effective and could the sustainable.
- Most issues can be discussed- like condom. Religious leaders are not against condom. They are against condom promotion, not condom use. Condoms can be provided to lawfully married couples if one is infected to stop spreading the virus to the healthy ones and that of the families. Likewise condoms can be provided to save marriage and stop ZINAA as a result of pre-marital testing, one is found positive.
- << Prev